If you lose a Spouse or Dependent Child, the following steps must be taken:

  • You must complete the BCPSEA Benefits Change form terminating coverage for your Spouse or Dependent Child and provide this form to the Benefits Administrator.
  • If you are making an Optional Life or Optional Accidental Death claim, the Benefits Administrator will provide you with an insurance claim form.
    • Benefits Administrator will request a copy of the Spouse or Dependent Child’s death certificate.
    • You must complete the insurance claim form and provide to the Benefits Administrator.
  • Termination of coverage will be on the effective date of the change.
  • If the Family Status has change (ie. from Family to Couple), appropriate premium adjustments (if applicable) will be effective the first of the month coincident with or the next following date of change.